The following patch was deployed on 12 February 2015.
Build Update #7614 (PC only)
- Stun resistance buff now works as intended
Build Update #7612 (PC only)
We discovered a major bug where many skill tooltips were incorrectly rounding effect chances to the nearest whole integer. This made things like the Plague Doctor's 70% Cure for Battlefield Medicine incorrectly show up as 100%. It also made the Hellion's YAWP show up as 100% base Stun chance instead of the 125% overpowered stun that it is. (On a side note, the reason chances can be above 100% are that enemy resistance gets subtracted, so there is still value in having greater than 100% base chance.)
We have fixed this tooltip display bug, which will enable all skills to show the proper percentage. Note that the skill chances themselves *were always calculating correctly*--they were just displaying wrong!
So rest assured there has been no widespread nerfing or upgrading. Just a few tweaks as given below.
Look at the bright side--our heavy-handed rounding didn't cause a spacecraft to crash or anything! That being said, we have now put all "roundf()" statements under lock and key in the office, and anyone who wants to use one must fill out a 3-part request form and get at least two authorized signatures.
Other changes in this update:
- Heroes that go missing in town as part of an activity (e.g. drunken bender, vision quest) will remain on the roster, but greyed out and locked. This way you know they aren't gone forever.
- Plague Doctor base chances for CureSelf on Battlefield Medicine have been increased. They will *appear* to have decreased because of the tooltip bug above. But in reality they have gone up. MIND-BENDING ESCHER-ESQUE CRAZINESS.
- As much we love the Leper, we had to fix the trinket bug that was allowing him to do millions of points of damage. :( (Berserk Mask damage debuff corrected)
- Fixed missing debuffs on various trinkets that were mis-indexed on the spreadsheet.