Gold is the currency in Darkest Dungeon.
Gold can be found as loot in dungeons, either in raw gold coin form or as other items (such as gems) that automatically sell for gold at the end of a mission, and as a reward for a successful expedition. You can also sell trinkets from you trinket inventory for gold, amount depending on their rarity.
Gold is required for:
- reducing the Stress of a hero in the Abbey and Tavern
- buying Provisions before entering the Dungeon
- upgrading a Hero's weapons and armor at the Blacksmith
- training to upgrade and learn new skills in the Guild, as well as camping skills from the Survivalist
- removing negative Quirks and locking in positive Quirks, as well as removing diseases in the Sanitarium in Town
- buying trinkets from the Nomad wagon
|Greater riches were never witnessed...||Collect at least 20,000 gold from a single quest|