|Actions per round|
Mammoth Cyst is a miniboss-type enemy found on the third quest in the Darkest Dungeon. There are multiple copies of it, but only the one that guards the quest curio must be killed to complete the quest.
The Cyst has two actions per turn and will alternate between its 2 main attacks, which can attack either one or two Heroes in any rank. When brought down to half health it will start to heal itself from time to time. It will resummon the White Cell Stalk each time it's killed. Bring Antivenom and Medicinal Herbs to counteract negative effects of its attacks. The main problem of the fight is the White Cell Stalk's Teleport, which can be rarely dodged, so do not rely on dodging it, and on a hit sends your party to a random dead end on the map. It is recommended to use stuns to prevent that, or simply trying to find a way around these fights to the center, where the quest objective is. The health bar of the Cyst will not reset after the Teleport.
- Plague Doctor - Her Blinding Gas can stun both the Cyst and White Cell Stalk at the same time, and Plague Grenade can Blight them simultaneously.
- Houndmaster - PROT-reducing Whistle combined with his bonus damage against Beasts makes him a strong damage dealer in the fight.
- Hellion - Iron Swan can reliably snipe and kill the White Cell Stalk before a Teleport happens.
- Flagellant - Rain of Sorrows will hit both targets and apply a hefty Bleed. He can also heal and relieve Stress in a pinch.
- Shieldbreaker - Capable of reaching the White Cell Stalk or even pulling it to the front. Also pierces the Mammoth Cyst's PROT.
- Arbalest/Musketeer - Long-range damage lets her snipe the White Cell Stalk, and her main attack is great with a Mark party.
- Occultist - Bonus damage against Eldritch enemies. Abyssal Artillery can hit both targets at once. Single-target healing may have difficulties keeping the party together in the long run.
- Bounty Hunter - His Mark for Death also reduces PROT, and his Planned Takedown Camp buff raises his damage on the Cyst. Has difficulty reaching the White Cell Stalk.
- Grave Robber - Work in tandem with a Plague Doctor to deliver high damage to a Blighted White Cell Stalk, or use Pick to the Face to smash through the Mammoth Cyst's PROT.
- Leper - Can't reliably hit the White Cell Stalk on his own, and will require PROT reduction to make good dents against the Cyst.
- Crusader - Struggles a little on hitting and damaging both targets.
- Antiquarian - Dragging out a fight with her defensive skill set means a higher chance of being Teleported.
|Bulging Gaze||Ranged||1, 2, 3, 4.||1, 2, 3, 4, 25% +1 Target.||113.75%||0%||8-13|| 80% Stress +15
150% Debuff: -20% DMG
|Digestion||Ranged||1, 2, 3, 4.||1, 2, 3, 4, 25% +1 Target.||113.75%||3%||8-17||150% Blight 8||No Effect|
|Revivify||Support||1, 2, 3, 4.||Self||No Effect|| Heal 10-20|
Buff: +25% DMG
|Summon||Support||1, 2, 3, 4.||1, 2, 3, 4 (allies).||Summon White Cell Stalk||No Effect|
The Darkest Dungeon
- Ascended Brawler
- Ascended Witch
- Rapturous Cultist
- Cultist Priest
- Malignant Growth
- Defensive Growth
- Flesh Hound
- Templar Gladiator
- Templar Sniper
- Shuffling Horror
- Templar Impaler
- Templar Warlord
- White Cell Stalk
- Perfect Reflection
- Imperfect Reflection
- Absolute Nothingness
- Gestating Heart
- Heart of Darkness