|Actions per round|
The Templar Impaler is a miniboss which guards the altars in the second quest in the Darkest Dungeon. He takes 2 actions per turn, one of which is typically a Revelation attack. His other action will be spent on one of his remaining attack abilities, all of them equally dangerous.
- Bringing all 3 Talismans of the Flame is required in order to survive this fight. Your party member who is left unprotected from the devastating Revelation should be guarded by a MAA or Houndmaster. Alternately an Antiquarian can be brought without the trinket and she can use "Protect Me" skill to make another unit guard her.
- You'll also want to bring a lot of Antivenom - the Impaler can apply heavy blight. Similarly, Holy Water can help prevent you from being blighted in the first place.
- When fighting the double Templars, it would be recommended to focus down the Warlord first, as it is the one with the less amount of HP.
- If you manage to stun them after each revelation attack, you can really minimize the amount of damage they deal to almost none if the Revelation lands on a protected hero.
- If you can displace the Impaler to the back row you will be safe from the Stinger Stab, which deals massive Blight damage. Considering their mediocre Move Resistance, this can be a pretty feasible task.
- Man-at-Arms - Long-lasting Guard can defend the one vulnerable hero. Bolster is always a good inclusion for the fights.
- Houndmaster - Can Guard the vulnerable hero. Hound's Rush does massive damage to the Templars and their companions. For the intermittent fights, relieve the party's Stress with Cry Havoc
- Flagellant - Very durable unit who can hold out through the three fights. Can bring out massive heals and provide Stress relief. You can even leave him as the one hero without the Talisman, as Eternity's Collar can raise his damage output when he's at high Stress.
- Occultist - Bonus damage to the many Eldritch enemies in this fight. Can deliver massive heals to whoever's Guarding.
- Vestal - There's a lot of damage going about. Reliable healing will be helpful.
- Jester - Can spread Bleeds about the enemy formations and relieve Stress when needed.
- Plague Doctor - Battlefield Medicine to cure any Blight your heroes take.
- Leper - Massive raw damage speeds up the progress of the fight. Consider using Withstand to raise his Blight and Move resistances.
- Antiquarian - If you're missing heroes who can Guard, use her to force someone to take the hits for her. However, her actual combat ability is not that strong, so you'll be in for a long fight.
- Bounty Hunter - Use Planned Takedown to raise his damage against the large Templars. He's perfectly workable in position 3 if your frontline gets crowded.
|Torment||Melee||1, 2, 3, 4.||1+2.||103.75%||7%||8-17||No Effect||No Effect|
|Stinger Stab||Melee||1, 2.||1, 2, 3.||103.75%||7%||9-20||150% Blight 10||No Effect|
|Body Slam||Melee||1, 2, 3.||1, 2, 3.||98.75%||14%||8-18|| 150% Push 2
|Revelation||Ranged||1, 2, 3, 4.||1, 2, 3, 4.||123.75%||0%||16-26||Stress +40||No Effect|
The Darkest Dungeon
- Ascended Brawler
- Ascended Witch
- Rapturous Cultist
- Cultist Priest
- Templar Warlord
- Templar Gladiator
- Templar Sniper